Saturday, January 31, 2009

OCC Hearts & Announcement



Hi all! Today's OCC Challenge is themed "Crazy for Hearts!"...make a card with two or more hearts somewhere on your project.

Before I get into the details of my card, I have a little announcement today. Some of you already know about this, but today will be my last post as an OCC blog team member. I need to free up my schedule a little bit so when Jennifer emailed us to see who wanted to sign up for another round of hosting challenges, I decided that this would be a good time to step down from the team. I'm not going far though...I still plan to participate in the OCC challenges when I can. I'll just be playing along as a challenge participant rather than a blog team member. Hugs to the OCC girls. I *HEART* you!!....get it?, it goes with today's challenge. Hehe!

Now, onto my card... Silke was such a sweetie and gave me a bunch of the new Raspberry Fizz papers and ribbon to try out. Thanks, Silke!! I made the card for you, my friend. I hope you like it.



The card measures 5.25" square. I stamped my new Leigh Hannan Garden Heart stamp from Stamper's Dream twice onto the PTI script DP, heat embossed it with black EP, colored the flowers and vines with my Copics, cut out the large heart and then cut out the inside heart, and popped them both up on Dimensionals. The bottom script panel and Labels One panel are also up on Dimensionals. There's a third heart on the inside of the card that was punched with my Creative Memories heart punch, which is also on Dimensionals. What can I say, I love puffy cards, LOL!



SUPPLY LIST ~
Stamps: Impression Obsession Leigh Hannan Heart
Paper: PTI Raspberry Fizz CS and DP
Ink: Versamark, Copics (G24, R35, R85)
Accessories: PTI Raspberry Fizz Ribbon, Black Brads, Black Embossing Powder, Labels One Nestabilities, Dimensionals, Creative Memories Heart Punch
Technique: Heat Embossing


Don't forget to check out all the heart projects from the OCC girls: Dawn, Lynda, Jackie, Silke, Kim, Laurie, Julee, Cindy, Amy, and Jennifer.

Thanks for stopping by!

29 comments:

Terri said...

Sorry to hear you are leaving the OCC girls but I know you won't be able to resist those challenges every once in a while! Your card is darling...love those hearts!

Silke Ledlow said...

I can't believe I'm the proud owner of this gorgeous card!!! It came in the mail late in the afternoon - I absolutely love it!!!
Thank you!!! I'l heart it for ever!!! Hugs ~S~

Lynda Benden said...

Your card is beautiful! I love the colors and the heart image is gorgeous! I'm going to miss you Denise but I'm SURE I'll be "seeing" you around!!!! LOL!!!!

Anonymous said...

Say it ain't so! But if it is, well then I'm comforted to know I can still visit you at The Paper Landscaper. You can run, but you can't hide. I am smitten with your work and look forward to seeing your future creations.

Renée said...

Your card is gorgeous, Denise! That's too bad about leaving the OCC :( but we all have choices to make somewhere ...

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous Denise! That colour from PTI looks so yummy!
I'm going to miss working along side you...first it was the DD and now the OCC...but you can't get rid of me ;)
OMG....ONE week today and it's the BUD SHOOTOUT! YEAH!

Jackie Pedro said...

Puffy cards rule!! Don't know what I'd do without my dimensionals! This is beautiful, Denise and I'm sad I didn't get to work with you longer!!

Amy Sheffer said...

Beautiful, Denise! Love that heart! We'll miss having you as part of the OCC, and hope you'll still be able to play often!

Sarah said...

A beautiful card Denise! Gorgeous colours. There are a couple of awards for you on my blog.
xx :0)

Betty J Schaub said...

What a keeper Denise! Love the Hannan stamp! It's gorgeous and love what you did with it! Beautiful card!

See you around in the challenge trenches! LOL

Marisa said...

Thanks for your contribution to OCC. Love your work no matter who you do it for :)

Cindy Lawrence said...

Hello, sweet Denise! I am playing a little catch up today. LOVE this card, girl...so pretty in pink! I sooo wish you could have gone to CHA, so I could give you a great big hug...maybe next time! For now, you'll have to settle for one of {{{these}}}. :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Gorgeous Denise!!

Unknown said...

Great card, Denise! I love what you did with that gorgeous stamp! I like puffy cards too! :-)

Unknown said...

Denise, thank you for showing us the fantastic samples at OCC every week. I surely miss it :( but I'm sure you'll be around and keep showing us your beautiful work!!

Your card is gorgeous!! I adore the beautiful coloring and PTI dp!

Denise said...

Wow, this card is so elagant & beautiful!!

Jetstudio Designs said...

Beautiful card, I really like the colors that you used on this one.

I'll miss seeing your challenges and cards on the OCC, but I know that you'll still be posting on your blog all your other wonderful creations!

Rose Ann said...

Your card is gorgeous, Denise!! I know it's tough to step down from something you love, but I'm sure you've done what's best for you. Hugs!!

Kim Gasper said...

Just browsing through your latest and greatest creations. Never get around to much blog hopping these days, but I do try to pop in once in awhile. You seem super busy with fun design team stuff and just keep cranking out all kinds of yummy goodness! Kim :-)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Gorgeous card Denise!! I love that heart...and the pink and white is fabulous!! WOW!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful girk, love it.

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic card!! Love the puffiness! :) I'll miss seeing you at the OCC every week, but you know I'll still stalk you on your blog! :)
Hugs!

Andrea said...

Your card is so beautiful!
xAndrea

Simone said...

Simply gorgeous! I love this white and pink look!
Simone

Kimberly Crawford said...

Gorgeous!! WOW! That heart is stunning!!

Elena said...

It is so sad that you are leaving OCC team... But we all understand it!
I love your cards!!! They are always so inspiring and very beautiful!!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

All the best with your decision to take a break with the OCC. You are such an inspiring member! Your card is awesome! Love that gorgeous heart stamp and it's so perfect with the script paper!

dpkennedy said...

Beautiful card Denise! The team will miss you for sure, but glad you will still be here with us!!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

(pout!) sure gonna miss seeing your beautiful cards on the OCC blog!