Friday, January 9, 2009

More Penny Black Chickens

Does this card look a little familiar?? Yeah, it's the same layout as the card I posted yesterday...Tosh's fun Stamper's Dream sketch!



For this card, I just used different colors and a different Penny Black stamp....another one that I bought from Michelle months ago and never inked it up. I can't believe it took me so long to make a card with it. I love it!



The card is 5.25" square. Just like yesterday's card, I stamped the image three times so I could layer the chickens, balloon and flowers twice, and the envelope a third time (paper tole technique).

Check out the inside of the card, LOL!...I LOVE this sentiment from Anna Wight's Crazy for Chickens set...cracks me up every time. I made the card for my cousin Kim who celebrated a birthday this week. She emailed me to say she was crackin' up the whole ride home from the post office!! hehe! I knew she'd get a kick out of it. The girl loves to laugh!



SUPPLY LIST
~
Stamps: Penny Black Coop Party, Whipper Snapper Crazy for Chickens cling set (by Anna Wight)
Paper: Real Red, Real Red Designer Prints, Basic Black, PTI Summer Sunrise, Canson Watercolor Paper
Ink: Real Red, Marigold Morning, Wild Wasabi, Basic Brown, Soft Sky, Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: May Arts Checkered Ribbon, Dimensionals, Square Nestabilities, Oval and Scallop Oval Nestabilities
Card Size: 5.25" Square
Technique: Paper Tole, Watercoloring with Reinkers


Hope you have a GREAT weekend!! I know I'm looking forward to mine...because right now as of the time of this post I should be in the air and on my way to Orlando for the Stampin' Up Regionals with Silke!! Yay!!! I decided to leave my laptop at home (GASP!) so I'll be completely offline this weekend....BUT I have posts scheduled for each day and I'll definitely have pictures to share when I get back!

'Til then,

21 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

First let me I am soooooooooooo jealous that you and Silke are going to the Orlando Regional...I should have come! Ugh! Kicking myself now...lol

Your card is super cute Denise!

Have a FAB weekend and we'll catch up when you get back!

Sandy said...

Adorable card, Denise. I actually have this image ... so I made try that cool double popped up move of yours.

Have fun in Orlando. Regionals are SO motivating and just plain fun.

Unknown said...

LOVE the card, and those Penny Black chicks are too cluckin' cute!

I KNOW you're going to have a fun weekend. We all want the details with pictures! :-)

Anonymous said...

This card is just SO cute!! I love those little chickens!!! Have fun at regionals...I wish I were going!!!

Stephanie said...

Very cute Denise, I love that stamp!

Julia Aston said...

Have a wonderful trip - and how great to be meeting up with Silke!! Hope it's sunny and hot in FL!

I love this card with the dotted bg and chicks bearing gifts! and ROTFL fun sentiment!!

Betty J Schaub said...

Hahahaha so fun Denise! Love those chickens!!!

Anonymous said...

These chickies are sooo cute!! :) Great coloring and hope you have a wonderful time at regionals!! Show us what you did when you get back!!

Jetstudio Designs said...

Great card, I love the chickens. Have fun in Orlando, at least your escaping the cold :)

Jackie Pedro said...

Oh, I hope you and Silke have the best time in Orlando!!!

Your card is so freakin' cute! I just love these Penny Black images you have been using!!

Rose Ann said...

Your chickens are the cutest, Denise!! I love all of your colors and layers, and your wonderful dimension!!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Just adorable, Denise!!!

Jamie Martin said...

Really cute and every time I see that sentiment I laugh!

Jessie/knightrone said...

OMGOsh, you lucky girls!! I hope you have a fabulous time!!

Lisa Kind said...

This is gorgeous! Such lovely colors and fun images! I just came across this sketch and thought it was so cool! I'll have to play tomorrow! Have fun in Orlando...I'm envious!

Sarah said...

Another fantastic card! You never cease to amaze me with your wonderful creations! Have a great time in Orlando!
xx :0)

Jami said...

This is sooooo cute! I love this set, and it looks great with this sketch!!!
hugs, Jami

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Love your card! :-)

ChristineCreations said...

I adore your chickens! :) They are awesome spring chicks!

Anonymous said...

denise...
I love the way you create your cards..You are such an inspiration. I especially like the way you create inside the cards...TFS...Liann M.

diane zechman said...

very cute card! I love Penny Black images- so fun....and you used great colors to make it really stand out!