Saturday, January 10, 2009

OCC Color Challenge

Hi everyone, hope you're enjoying the weekend so far! I myself am with Silke at the Orlando SU Regionals...this post was prescheduled so I hope it comes up okay. If you're at the Regionals or you're heading down there today, be sure to look for us and say hi, okay?? {smile}






















Today's OCC challenge from Jennifer is to create a card using two shades of blue. Check it out on the OCC blog! For more detailed info on everyone's beautiful cards, here are links to their blogs: Dawn, Lynda, Jackie, Silke, Kim, Laurie, Julee, Cindy, Amy, Jennifer, and our special guest this week is Julia Aston!!!

My card is a 5.25" square card, and the two shades of blue that I used are Bashful Blue and Ballet Blue. This cute mailbox with the cupcakes is from the new Special Delivery set from There She Goes. I stamped the cupcakes onto Ballet Blue and Bashful Blue CS, cut out the ones on the Ballet Blue CS, glued them down with adhesive, cut out the cupcake tops from the Bashful Blue CS, and popped the tops up on Dimensionals. The sentiment circles are also on Dimensionals. The layout is another awesome sketch from Amy Rysavy (Sketch AMYRS21).

SUPPLY LIST ~
Stamps: There She Goes Special Delivery
Paper: Neenah Natural White, Canson Watercolor Paper, Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue, Basic Black
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue, Basic Black, Certainly Celery, Real Red
Accessories: Ballet Blue Ribbon and Brads, SU Scallop Edge Punch, Dimensionals, Ornare Piercing Template, Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities
Technique: Watercoloring
Card Size: 5.25" Square


Okay, now go have FUN stamping...like I'll be doing! Weee!!

18 comments:

LeAnne said...

So cute! I love blue, so I am definitely going to be playing this!
Have fun in Orlando!
LeAnne

Jami said...

Gorgeous! Love all that piercing!

Hope you and Silke are having a ton of fun in Orlando!!!!
hugs, Jami

Dawn Easton said...

{waving hi} from way up here! LOL! Hope you girls are having a BLAST!

Love the card today....that mailbox of cupcakes is fantastic girl!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous creation! I love the blues, but that piercing is what caught my eye immediately. Beautifully done! Have fun at the regionals!

Amy Sheffer said...

Love your two blues, Denise! Have fun in Orlando! I'm jealous :)

Rose Ann said...

Oh...this is be wonderful to find in your mailbox!! I love these colors too!! Have a great time in Orlando!! Wish I were there too! ;)

Jennifer Meyer said...

Super sweet card Denise :) LOVE the all of the paper piercing and fun design!

Have fun in Orlando!
Jennifer :)

Jackie Pedro said...

How cute are those cupcakes coming out of the mailbox!! Awesome card, Denise!!

I won't tell you to have fun because I KNOW you are!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is darling, Denise! I would so LOVE to get cupcakes in my mailbox! LOL Hope you're having fun!

Lynda Benden said...

I hope you and Silke are having a great time Denise!!!! Actually, I AM SURE you are!!! LOL!!! Your card is so cute! I love the cupcakes coming out of the mailbox ~ such a cute image and of course your coloring ~ ROCKS!

ChristineCreations said...

How fun that you're with Silke at the regionals! Slightly jealous LOL!

Love your shades of blue and those adorable cupcakes coming out of the mailbox! Besides stamps in the mailbox...what could be better!

Michelle said...

Oh, I am so jealous! I cannot begin to TELL you how much I would like to be in Orlando right now!! I'm betting there's no snow there!! Your card is adorable, love the blues!! Have a great time!!

signed, THE FROZEN STAMPER

Patty (SCS-pepperrn) said...

Denise! I lvoe yoru talent and I get soe inspired by you! Moatly I am in awe of your creations. I have nominated you for theis Butterfly Award. Please visit me for more info.

Patty

Donna Baker said...

hee hee - cupcakes in your mailbox! sweeeet! love your bluish card!

Cindy Haffner said...

Lovin all you blue girl, so pretty.

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Have fun at regionals!! If I would have known sooner you guys were going I wouldnt have talked myself out of going!!LOL! Love your card!!

Amy Johnson said...

This is so pretty. I love all the shades of blue and the layout.

Silke Ledlow said...

Denise - I love your *blue* card and the Set you used!!! The piercing is fab too!!!