Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sugar Nellie Daisy & Postbox

Hi everyone! Here are a couple sketch challenge cards.



The first one is for today's SC212 sketch on Splitcoast. My friend Janice sent me these cute Sugar Nellie Daisy images....thanks Janice, the stamp is super cute!!. I colored two images, cut the second one out, and popped it up on Dimensionals over the base layer. The punched sentiment and the blue mat circle are also up on Dimensionals. The amber-colored gem in the center of the flower was given to me from my sweet friend Silke....thanks Silke, these are great!!

SUPPLY LIST ~
Stamps: Sugar Nellie Daisy, SASI Year of Sentiments (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Brocade Blue, Apricot Appeal, Apricot Appeal Designer Prints, White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics (Y38, YR21, E33, E35, E00, E02, G21, 0 Colorless, W1, W3, B21, B24, G24, G28), White Gel Pen (on daisies)
Accessories: Circle Nestabilities, SU sm and lg Oval Punches, Dimensionals, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Ornare Piercing Template, Ribbon (from StarLit Studio), Amber Gem
Technique: Paper Tole, Dry Embossing




The layout on the second card is SCS Sketch #208 from a few weeks ago...one that I hadn't gotten around to do yet. The adorable image was sent to me from my friend Lori....thanks Lori, she's just so sweet! The card measures 5.25" square. I used the Paper Tole technique on this image as well. The punched sentiment is also up on Dimensionals.

SUPPLY LIST ~
Stamps: Sugar Nellie Postbox, SASI Year of Sentiments (Taylored Expressions)
Paper: Brocade Blue, Apricot Appeal, Apricot Appeal Designer Prints, White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copics (G21, G28, G24, 0 Colorless, W1, W3, E00, E02, E33, E35, Y38, YR21, B21, B24, B60, R46, RV23), White Gel Pen (flowers)
Accessories: Ribbon (from StarLit Studio), Ornare Piercing Template, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Sugar-Coated Brads, Dimensionals, SU Word Window Punch
Technique: Paper Tole, Dry Embossing

That's it for today! Have a good one!

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card, Denise. Skin tones are one of the hardest to achieve and it looks like you've mastered it on both of these cards. I adore the piercing you so painstakingly added.

Anonymous said...

OMG - Denise - both cards are soooooo precious!!! Love the both!!! I'm so happy that you found a good use for the pretty little gems!!! Hugs ~S~

Anonymous said...

These are absolutely adorable, Denise! Your coloring and paper toling are amazing let alone the other details.

Unknown said...

Would you PLEASE stop teasing me with those adorable stamps on your gorgeous cards? You know they won't sell Sugar Nellies to me, and it's absolutely killing me! *grin*

Anonymous said...

OH wow!!! I really love your creations!! I have become a huge Sugar Nellie fan!! :) Your coloring and details are so fab!! TFS!!

ChristineCreations said...

eeee! These are so cute Denise! Such gorgeous coloring and fabulous layout and details. I love that ribbon on the first card!

Betty J Schaub said...

Denise:
Both of these are simply beautiful! Those little girls warm my heart and your sketches and embossing are perfectly done!

Terri said...

Both of these cards are amazing and just make me smile...darling images and your coloring is beautiful.

Whimsey said...

Stunning; I LOVE THESE IMAGES!!!

Anonymous said...

Totally awesome. These cards are just so sweet. Your colouring and colours along with the layout is perfect.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Thanks for your consistent inspiration. Your creations are adorable. I left an award for you on my blog.

Gail S. said...

So pretty! I love them both!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Oh my GOODNESS Denise..these are both SO GORGEOUS!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Darling cards Denise! I LOVE how you make the image just come to life!

Hope your having a wonderful week!
Jennifer :)

Jami said...

Oh my word are these just the most adorable cards ever!! I think my heart stopped when I saw the first one...sooooooo sweet!
hugs, Jami

Rebecca Ednie said...

these two cards and the previous one are solo cute. Love the colouring.

Amy Johnson said...

Oh my goodness girl, these cards are gorgeous! You are really selling me on these Sugar Nellie images! I may eventually break down and buy some (I'm an SU kind of girl). I love how big the images are...what fun coloring! I love your take on the sketch challenge, and I really love the second card...so pretty!

Norine said...

these are adorable love the first one
and the colors
Hugs
Norine

Jetstudio Designs said...

Beautiful cards, I love the colors and how you colored them! All the detail and time you took really made the card.

Lori said...

O-My-Gosh!! Take my breath away!!! These cards are so precious bud!!! LOVE them!!!
Mwah!!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Denise, these are both so beautiful! Fabulous colouring, love the dimension with the little girl popped up! You do such amazing work!

Anonymous said...

Both cards are just as cute as a button! Love the colors and designs - just sah-weet!!

Michelle said...

Oh....more cuteness....I have an award for you on my blog :)

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Wow! These images are SUPER cute!! And your cards is darling. I especially like the mail one - the details are exquisite!!

Dawn Easton said...

Holy smokes girl...those cards are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! I'm speechless....and you KNOW that doesn't happen often! hahaha!

Anonymous said...

Denise you have such a wonderful style...clean and fresh looking color combinations, uncluttered simple design. Really beautiful work.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Awwww Denise...you're killing me with cuteness!! Jeepers girl!! Both these cards are just super darling!! Sheesh...I wanna be you!!!! *sniff*

Mothermark said...

Don't pay any attention to Tosh! If anybody gets to be you, its me! I been telling you all along about your coloring....I am waiting for the time when you have enough time to do my coloring and your coloring.......I patiently wait!

I agree with Tosh, you are killing me with cuteness too little buddy! Snort!

Love what you do and how you do it!

Jodi Collins said...

These are AWESOME Peanut...you are totally making me NEED these stamps!!! LOVE these!!

Joan Ervin said...

I agree with all the above, Denise....your talent is sooo amazing!!! I think I need these images, too!!!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Oh, for cryin' out LOUD, girl...will you quit making me want more new stamps!!!?!!??! Every single thing you create leaves me with a "have to have it" feeling! Absolutely FABULOUS!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh my GOODNESS! Those are SO precious and SO beautiful!!! AMAZING, Denise!!!!!!

Renee said...

Oh Denise these are adorable! I love them!

Anonymous said...

There are people in this art that actually "enable" other people who have no resistance...LOL...These are the cutest cards I have seen in a while...the images are too stinkin cute! Of course your designs helped make these cards perfect :)

Rose Ann said...

Both of these are so very cute, and fabulous, Denise!! You amaze me with your talent!!

Kristine said...

Oh, how precious is this?!! Love this image and your coloring is fabulous! Really love the soft colors of blue/yellow together too :)