Saturday, January 17, 2009

OCC Emboss Resist Challenge

Today's OCC challenge is to make a card/project with the Emboss Resist Technique. I know, a technique challenge, EEK! Technique challenges scare me. However, I did it and so can you! {smile}



Here are links to all the projects from the OCC girls: Dawn, Lynda, Jackie, Silke, Kim, Laurie, Julee, Cindy, Amy, and Jennifer.

I stamped the Impression Obsession Friendship sentiment in Versamark onto Neenah 80 lb White CS and then heat embossed it with JudiKins Detail Gold EP. After it set and cooled, then I cut out the sentiment with my new Labels One Nestabilities, left the die in place, and sponged both Creamy Caramel and Close to Cocoa ink all over the panel. Both of the layered Labels One panels are up on Dimensionals, so are the prima flowers. Both flowers started out looking like the white one on the left. I painted the one on the right with Pink Shimmerz. You can get all the linked supplies at Stamper's Dream.

The layout is last week's SFYTT from Jen Del Muro.



SUPPLY LIST
~
Stamps: Impression Obsession Sarah Phelps CL220
Paper: Pretty in Pink, Neenah 80lb White, Basic Grey Bittersweet DP
Ink: Versamark, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: Bittersweet DP, Bittersweet Glazed Brads, Dimensionals, Primas, Pink Satin Ribbon (from Michael's), Labels One Nestabilities, JudiKins Detail Gold EP, SU Scallop Edge Punch, Ornare Piercing Template, Pink Shimmerz
Technique: Emboss Resist, Dry Embossing, Heat Embossing

That's it for today. Have a great weekend!

21 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous Denise! You and me both...eek @ technique challenges! haha!

Cindy Haffner said...

Girl I love your work. So fab.

Silke Ledlow said...

Denise - your card turned out beautiful!!! The DP is so soft and pretty!!!

Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Lynda Benden said...

Looks GREAT Denise! Love the Bittersweet papers and your sentiment is wonderful! Stay warm!!!!

Betty J Schaub said...

Peanutbee! What a sweetly beautiful card. Your "technique" precess came out beautiful! Love your card! The colors are so fetching.

Jackie Pedro said...

EEK is right!! I'm no technique junkie either!! Your card turned out great, Denise! So soft and beautiful!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Simply adorable, Denise!

Rose Ann said...

This is so beautiful, Denise!! Love those pretty papers, and your resist is wonderful!!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card!
The colours and the payout are amazing.
Viv xx

Jennifer Meyer said...

Hi Denise :) Sweet card, LOVE the pretty design and embossing!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

Amy Sheffer said...

What a beauty, Denise! I agree with you - the techniques scare me! You did an awesome job, though!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!

Jami said...

Love all that pink and brown...and what a great sentiment!! Awesome job with the technique!!
hugs, Jami

Kimberly Crawford said...

Gorgeous card!!!!!!!
I left you an award on my blog! ;)

Norine said...

love this card so soft and pretty
Hugs
Norine

CraftyC said...

This is a gorgeous card and such lovely colours!
Clairex

Terri said...

This is gorgeous, I have always been a little intimidated by this technique but you definitely aced it! Beautiful card, Denise!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

so pretty Denise!! Love the dp!! Great job on the technique!!

Jody Morrow said...

Very pretty card! I love the soft colors. I have used my Bittersweet papers WAY too much. LOL I need to put them away now... but seeing pretty cards like this makes me want to use it more. LOL

Cindy Lawrence said...

Just gorgeous, GIRL! Love the colors you chose for this...YUMMY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise, this is such a sweet card!! Lovely dp!
smiles,Deena