Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Strawberry Tea



Here's a card I made for today's SCS Color Challenge (Regal Rose, Kiwi Kiss, Bravo Burgundy). Have you seen these adorable Sugar Nellie stamps? Oh so cute! I bought this Strawberry Tea stamp as well as three of the CUTE animals from the Home Grown Collection. I can't wait to get them all inked up and made into cards.



I followed sketch #11 from the Whiff of Joy blog....I know, I didn't use a Whiff of Joy image....it was a total accident. I printed the sketch days ago, added it to my bin of sketches, and forgot to write that it was from the WOJ blog (and should have been used with a WOJ image)...didn't realize it until after I finished my card and went to upload it to SCS. I hope the girls on the WOJ site don't mind. I really LOVE the sketch!

The card measures 5.25" square. The burgundy scallop circle is up on dimensionals, so are the primas. The Strawberry Tea image was stamped twice, watercolored, and the second image was layered over the first one with Dimensionals.

The inside of the card follows the same layout with the embossed Regal Rose panel, Kiwi DP panel, and layered circles.



SUPPLY
LIST
~
Stamps: Sugar Nellie Strawberry Tea (Honey & Pip Collection), Impression Obsession "With Love" Sentiment (from Stamper's Dream)
Paper: Bravo Burgundy, Regal Rose, Kiwi/Bella Rose DP, Canson Watercolor Paper
Ink: Versafine Black Onyx, Blush Blossom, Groovy Guava, Regal Rose, Cranberry Crisp, Kiwi Kiss, Basic Brown, Close to Cocoa, Marigold Morning
Accessories: Satin Ribbon (from Taylored Expressions Christmas Key Ingredients), Pink Brads, Primas, Circle and Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Dimensionals
Technique: Watercoloring, Paper Tole, Dry Embossing
Card Size: 5.25" Square


21 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

ACK! This is so stinkin' cute Denise! Love the fun image and all those pretty flowers!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, this is absolutely adorable, Denise! I love the dimension, colors, and embellishments!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh how sweet, Denise!

Anonymous said...

That's so pretty! I love your daughter's artwork on the sidebar.
-Kim

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Oh these are soooo very cute Denise!! Love it!! Great layout!

Rose Ann said...

What a pretty color combination and sweet image!! Love it, Denise!!

Whimsey said...

Oh so cute; love it! You have got to be the BEST at decorating INSIDE too. Love it!!!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Just darling, Denise! Yes, I HAVE seen these adorable images...trying NOT to buy any right now...ahem...enabler! :)

Jami said...

Gorgeous!! I love how you used the same sketch on the inside!!
hugs, Jami

Renee said...

This is so darn cute! I the image...just darling!

Mothermark said...

This type of stamp was made just for you to color it! You do such a good job....and I love all of the extra touches you include!

Beautifully done little buddy!

Anonymous said...

Sweet as can be with all the polka dots, flowers and brads! Too cute!

Terri said...

This is so sweet...you really know how to rock all things "girly"...darling image!

Amy Johnson said...

This is so cute and wonderful! Great job with the color challenge! I love the Layout and the primas!

Jetstudio Designs said...

What a sweet card, that image is adorable.

I really like the color combo it goes great with the image!

Alison H said...

Gorgeous! I can't wait to get my hands on this stamp. Love this image!

Unknown said...

So, so sweet!

Anonymous said...

AWWW - I already loved it - when I saw it over on SCS!!! Super duper cute card - Denise!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I have this stamp and I love it. I can't wait to ink it up. You have really inspired me. It is so adorable.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

CAAAAAAAAAAUUUUTE!! Love this card Denise!! Fabulous coloring! Fun sketch, and sweet flowers! Love the candy dots too!! Darling!!

Kristine said...

Awwww...steals my heart right away. LOOOVE this so much. Your 3D effect is FABULOUS!!