Tuesday, January 20, 2009

January's Dirty Challenge

Hi everyone! Every month there's a challenge for the Dirty Dozen and Dirty Dozen Alumni. This month's challenge theme, hosted by the lovely Jodi Collins, is Can you Feel the Love.

The details of the challenge...

Challenge Focus: A Valentine's Day/Love-y Dove-y card
Required Element: Texture!! Anything you can *feel* (ie: Fun Flock, Crystal Effects, Embossing/Debossing, velvet ribbon, etc.)
Restricted Element: No RED!! ....Yikes, Jodi! Pink is ok, but no red...again, YIKES Jodi! You don't even want to know HOW MANY times I reached for red, LOL!



For the valentine/love-y theme, I used my Sarah Kay Fanny's Cuddle image. I used shades of pink and brown from my Bittersweet DP...whew, I stayed away from red. For the texture requirement, I dry embossed the large brown base panel with my Swiss Dots folder and heat embossed the sentiment. I also dry embossed the inside of the card. The main image and punched sentiment are both up on Dimensionals.

Fanny's Cuddle, the With Love sentiment, Curved Mega Rectangle Nestabilities, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, and the Neenah 80 lb White CS are all available at Stamper's Dream.

The layout of the card is Taylor's TECC51 Sketch.



SUPPLY LIST
~
Stamps: Sarah Kay Fanny's Cuddle, Impression Obsession A5493 With Love
Paper: Neenah 80lb White, SU Pretty in Pink, Basic Grey Bittersweet DP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Colorbox Cocoa
Copics: E00, E02, RV21, RV23, E25, E33, E35, B60, W1, W3
Accessories: Basic Grey Bittersweet Glazed Brads, Curved Mega Rectangle Nestabilities, Dimensionals, SU Pink Gingham Ribbon, SU Word Window Punch, Swiss Dots Embossing Folder, Clear Embossing Powder

Have an awesome day!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is too cute for words! I love the colors you used! The brads and ribbons are perfect accents for this sweet little image! nice job!

Dawn Easton said...

Ack! This is so sweet Denise! Love all the texture and those BG brads...I need to use mine! Adorable girl image...she's sweet!

Anonymous said...

This is so darling! I just love the way you color ;)

Lori said...

Hiya bud!! Such a sweet card!! Love that little girl!! No red, oh my, that indeed would be a challenge, eeeeek!!!!
Who loves ya most? :)

Michelle said...

How adorable....I love what you do with all these sweet images. And those brads.....beautiful!! No red?? Eek!! But you did it, & it turned out gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

DENISE!!!! (Yeah, I'm raising my voice :-) This is beautiful!!! I love how you layered the image..your sketch is beautiful!! And your ribbon treatment is fabulous!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh, Denise! That is SO precious!! LOVE the colors and how you used the BG brads!!!

Norine said...

adorable love the brads & ribbon
Hugs
Norine

Unknown said...

Girl, you definitely rocked the challenge with this GORGEOUS card! Fabulous layout and design. I love your ribbon treatment, the Swiss Dots texture, the Spellbinders...okay, I love it all! GREAT JOB, my friend!

Anonymous said...

OH MY - DENISE!!! This card is gorgeous!!!! Love the colors, the image and what can I say - your coloring is superb!!!

Hugs ~S~

Lynda Benden said...

This is AWESOME Denise!!! What a darling image and your colors (although red would have looked better!!! LMBO!!!!!) are so pretty and perfect with the image!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is fabulous, Denise! That image is just darling!!!

Rose Ann said...

This is so sweet, Denise!! I love the cute image, pretty colors, and brads!!

Alex said...

Awww, how totally cute and sweet Denise and those BG brads are fabulous!! Love it! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Betty J Schaub said...

Sweet Feel the Love card. Those little girl stamps are precious.

Jessie/knightrone said...

You definitely didn't need red, this is STUNNING!!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

You did a great job w/no red Denise!! Shes adorable in pink and brown!! One of my fave combos!!

Jami said...

You are killing me with the adorable sarah kay and nellies....they're all so stinkin' cute!! And the coloring is amazing on these!!
hugs, Jami

Jodi Collins said...

LOL! You resisted the red! Such willpower!! Seriously, this is FANTABULOUS! LOVE every bit of this gf!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.