Friday, January 23, 2009

A Year of Cupcake Challenges!!

Guess what today is?? Today is the official one-year anniversary of Taylor's Cupcake Challenges!! Happy Anniversary to Taylor and the Cupcake Crew!!

To celebrate, EACH member of the Cupcake Crew has designed a sketch for today...that's a whole lot of sketches in one day for you to see!! Oh, and as if that wasn't exciting enough, there will also be PRIZES! Be sure to check out Taylor's blog, the anniversary celebration headquarters, for all of the sketch challenges as well as an awesome grand prize for one random winner who participates in ALL 9 sketch challenges. We hope you'll help us celebrate this yummy occasion!

Jackie Pedro is one of the members of the Cupcake Crew and I was asked to be on her team of sketch samplers (I'm so excited!) along with Tammy Hershberger, Sharon Harnist, and Jenn Diercks!! You can check out the sketch on Jackie's blog and find out about the PRIZE you can win by participating.

Here's my card featuring Jackie's sketch. I used stamps from the SASI Love is Sweet set, papers and embellishments from the Valentine Key Ingredients, and Taylor's new Choice White CS. The card measures 5.25" square. The matted main image and matted sentiment are both up on Dimensionals. The circle on the inside of the card is also up on Dimensionals.



I realize now that I'm looking at the pictures...I should have been more careful with the direction of the striped paper. I have the stripes on the inside going a different direction than the ones on the front of the card. It probably would have looked better if the stripes followed the same direction. Oops, sorry about that....hope it doesn't make you dizzy, LOL!



SUPPLY LIST ~
Stamps: SASI Love is Sweet
Paper: TE Snow White Choice CS, Prism Classic Red and MME DP from TE Valentine Key Ingredients
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ruby Red
Copics: W3, W5, BG15, BG49, R17, R46, RV42
Accessories: Ribbon and Heart Brads from TE Valentine Key Ingredients, Dimensionals, Oval Nestabilities, Circle Nestabilities, Ornare Piercing Template


..now go have fun with all the sketches and GOOD LUCK in the drawings!

22 comments:

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Denise, this is so sweet!! I love the fabulous colors you used with this awesome sketch! Darling card!!

Stephanie Hargis said...

This is adorable Denise! I think it's great that you and Sharon chose to use the same image! Hehe! :D Anyway, I think the opposite stripes look kind of cool! I wouldn't change it if I were you!

((hugs))

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful colors! I love the way the hearts float around your sentiment. The stripes look just fine the way they are!

Jackie Pedro said...

Denise, this is ADORABLE!! I love the striped DP and wouldn't have noticed the different direction they were in if you hadn't pointed it out! I am truly honored to have you on my sketch team for this fun fun anniversary!!

Unknown said...

SO adorable and sweet, Denise!

Terri said...

So stinkin' cute, Denise and you know that I love that inside! Darling!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh look at that adorable image!! This card is darling, Denise. Your coloring is always so fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Soooooo cute, Denise! I love it!! :)

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWW - this card is toooo cute - Denise!!!

Unknown said...

Awwwww....that is SO CUTE!

Alex said...

Too stinkin' cute Denise - I love that little image, how adorable is that??!! That striped dp is yummy too! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Dawn Easton said...

Hey girl...sorry just getting here now...been a busy day...lol

LOVE your card...you and I had the same idea...using those supplies...same stamp/sentiment too! GMTA ;)

Karen Motz said...

How cute is this! Great colouring...I love the shadows you did under the cuppies. I didn't even notice the direction of the stripes was different til you pointed it out...I like it! :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is COMPLETELY adorable!! I love it!!

Renée said...

Fabulous colours, Denise! You rocked this sketch. I think the opposing stripes look just fine!

Rose Ann said...

How cute is this?!?! I love that image, papers, and all of your piercing!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Denise, this is so stinkin' CUTE! Love it!

LeAnne said...

Very sweet--I LIKE the stripes going the opposite way! Just cute all the way around!
LeANne

Rebecca Ednie said...

I think the different directions to the stripes looks interesting!! It looks cool in the photo from the side so you can see both. Cute card.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is so adorable! Great colours and fab take on Jackie's sketch!

Candy said...

So very cute!!

luvhymns said...

I love dove dark chocolate and pink roses, because to me both are delicate. The dove smoothly melts away and the roses are so soft to the touch and fragrance is wonderful. You capture that delicacy in your card!